Sketches of War History
Transcribed by Larry Stevens
- Battles and Campaigns in Arkansas - Brevet Lieutenant Colonel Andrew W. McCormick.
- A Boy at Shiloh - Companion John A. Cockerill.
- Three Memorable Days. A Letter From Chattanooga, November, 1863 - First Lieutenant Alfred Pirtle.
- From Knoxville to Mobile Bay - Captain J. Gordon Taylor.
- The Last Blood Shed in the Civil War - Captain Archibald H. Thompson.
- McDowell's Explanation of the Failure of the First Corps to Join McClellan - Colonel Latham Anderson.
- Major General Philip Kearny - Captain Albert C. Thompson.
- The Boys in Blue at Missionary Ridge - Brevet Major Leonidas M. Jewett.
- Stone River Sketches - First Lieutenant Alfred Pirtle.
- Personal Recollections and Experiences of a Soldier During the War of the Rebellion - Brevet Major Frank J. Jones.
- The Battle of Shiloh as a Private Saw it - Captain Robert H. Fleming.
- The "Underground Railroad" and the "Grapevine Telegraph". An Escaping Prisoner's Experience - Brevet Colonel Theodore F. Allen.
- The Battle of Hoover's Gap - Brevet Brigadier General John T. Wilder.
- Field Notes of the Selma Campaign - First Lieutenant Charles D. Mitchell.
- The Second Day at Shiloh - Brevet Major Lewis T. Hosea, U.S.A.
- Personal Recollections of the Battle in the Rear at Stone River, Tennessee - Brevet Brigadier General Gates P. Thruston.
- The Sander's Raid - First Lieutenant Charles D. Mitchell.
- Raid of the Union Cavalry, Commanded by General Judson Kilpatrick, Around the Confederate Army in Atlanta, August, 1864 - Captain William L. Curry.
- Recollections of the Battle of Atlanta - Major William H. Chamberlin.
- In at the Death; or the Last Shot at the Confederacy - Brevet Brigadier General William D. Hamilton.
- The Siege of Mumfordsville Ky., by Bragg's Army in September, 1862 - Brevet Brigadier General John T. Wilder.
- Contains maps of Kilpatrick's Raid and of the Battle of Stone River.
Sketches of War History, 1861-1865. Papers read before the Ohio Commandry of the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. 1903-1908. Edited by Brevet Colonel Theodore F. Allen, Dr. Edward S. McKee, and Captain J. Gordon Taylor, Publication Committee. Published by the Commandery. Volume Six. Cincinnati: Monfort and Company. 1908. Reprinted by Broadfoot Publishing Co. NC. 1992
More about the Civil War in Ohio.