Sketches of War History
Transcribed by Larry Stevens
- The Battle of Sailor's Creek - Brevet Major General J. Warren Keifer.
- Stoneman's Last Campaign, and the Pursuit of Jefferson Davis - Captain Frank H. Mason.
- The Battle of Franklin - First Lieutenant and Adjutant, Thomas Speed.
- The Battle of Cedar Creek - Brevet Colonel Moses M. Granger.
- The Cruise of the "Black Terror" - Ensign E. Cort Williams.
- The Tullahoma Campaign - Brevet Major General David S. Stanley, U.S.A.
- The Skirmish Line in the Atlanta Campaign - Major Wm. H. Chamberlain.
- Reminiscences of the Battle of Shiloh - Lieutenant Colonel Douglas Putnam, Jr.
- The Battle of Atlanta - Brevet Colonel Gilbert D. Munson.
- The Battle of Bentonville - Brevet Major General Wm. P. Carlin, U.S.A.
- On the Right at Antietam - Brevet Brigadier General Rufus R. Dawes.
- The Defense of Decatur, Alabama - Brevet Major General Charles C. Doolittle.
- The Secret Union Organization in Kentucky in 1861 - Colonel R.M. Kelly.
- The Last Ditch - Brevet Major Lewis M. Hosea.
- Our Volunteer Engineers - Brevet Brigadier General A. Hickenlooper.
- A Brush With Pillow - Colonel R.M. Kelly.
- A Chapter in Interstate Diplomacy at the Beginning of the War - 1861 - Companion Aaron F. Perry.
- With the Sixth Wisconsin at Gettysburg - Brevet Brigadier General Rufus R. Dawes
- Block Houses for Railroad Defense in the Department of New Cumberland - Brevet Colonel William E. Merril, U.S.A.
- A Regiment in Search of a Battle - Brigadier General John Beatty.
- Contains also a map of General Stoneman's last campaign and drawings showing positions of the Sixth Wisconsin at Gettysburg.
Sketches of War History, 1861-1865. Papers read before the Ohio Commandry of the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. 1888-1890. Edited by Robert Hunter, late Captain U.S.V., Recorder. Published by the Commandery. Volume Three. Cincinnati. Robert Clarke and Company. 1890. Reprinted by Broadfoot Publishing Co. NC. 1991
More about the Civil War in Ohio.