Sketches of War History
Transcribed by Larry Stevens
- Marching Across Carolina - Brevet Major General M.F. Force.
- Brigadier General William Haines Lytle - Captain A.C. Kemper.
- The Night after the Battle - Captain A.C. Kemper.
- Ante Bellum; or Before the War - Major W.H. Bell, U.S.A.
- The Campaign of Selma - Brevet Major Lewis M. Hosea.
- A Reminiscence of Washington, and Early's attack in 1864 - First Lieutenant Edgar S. Dudley, U.S.A.
- Ohio's Preparation for the War - Brigadier General Joshua H. Bates.
- Sketch of the Battle of Winchester - First Lieutenant M.L. Hawkins.
- Love of Country and Footprints of Time - Companion James E. Murdock.
- Military Small Arms - Captain Samuel B. Smith.
- The Military and the Mob - Major General M.D. Leggett.
- Through the Wilderness to Richmond - First Lieutenant Asa B. Isham.
- In the Beginning - Lieutenant George M. Finch.
- Bugle Blasts - Captain William E. Crane.
- From the Wilderness to Spotsylvania - Brevet Colonel R.S. Robertson.
- Personal Recollections of Vicksburg Campaign- Brevet Major General M.F. Force.
- Growth of an Idea (Signal Service) - Major General W.B. Hazen.
- Our Military Future - Captain Carl A.G. Adae.
- Cumberland Gap - Surgeon B.F. Stevenson.
- Afield with the Eleventh Army Corps at Chancellorsville - Captain Owen Rice.
- An Hour with Victory - First Lieutenant Jas. S. Ostrander.
- Personal Recollection of Chickamauga - Captain Jas. R. Carnahan.
- Also contains maps of the Marches of Sherman's Army, of the Selma Campaign, of the Defenses of Washington, of the Confederate works at Cumberland Gap and of the Battle of Chickamauga.
Sketches of War History, 1861-1865. Papers read before the Ohio Commandry of the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. 1883-1886. Published by the Commandery. Volume One. Cincinnati: Robert Clarke and Co. 1888. Reprinted by Broadfoot Publishing Co. NC. 1991
More about the Civil War in Ohio.