G.A.R. War Papers
Papers read before Fred C. Jones Post, No. 401, Department of Ohio, G.A.R.
Transcribed by Larry Stevens
- Sketch of Fred C. Jones Post, No. 401 - Henry B. Furness Historian for 1891. pg 1-12.
- Col. Fred C. Jones - Dr. A.N. Ellis. pg 13-15.
- The Navy in the War of the Rebellion - Ensign E. Cort. Williams. pg 16-22.
- The Signal Corps, U.S. Army - Samuel Bachtell. pg 23-29
- The Battle of Newbern, N.C. - Lieut. F.W. Browne. pg 30-34.
- Bull Run Bridge - Lieut. Robert B. Wilson. pg 35-48.
- Battle of Chancellorsville - J.H. Peabody. pg 49-59.
- The First Division, Eleventh Corps, at Chancellorsville - Capt. E.R. Monfort. pg 60-75.
- Personal Reminiscences of the Assassination of President Lincoln - Lieut. Asa B. Isham. pg 76-91.
- The Dublin Raid - Capt. R.B. Wilson. pg 92-120.
- The Lynchburg Campaign - James A. Thompson. pg 121-147.
- Battle of Peach Tree Creek - George A. Newton. pg 148-163.
- Huntsville, Ala.: The Seizure of it and of a part of the Mem. & Ala. R.R. in April, 1862 - Gen. John B. Turchin. pg 164-189.
- Ohio Troops at Bull Run - Maj. W.R. McComas. pg 190-202.
- The Hundred Day's Men of 1864: Their Call to Service - Gen. B.R. Cowen. pg 203-236.
- The Boys of '61 - Col. George M. Finch. pg 237-263.
- Experiences in Southern Military Prisons - Albert C. Mellor. pg 264-283
- With the Signal Corps - Fred H. Alms. pg 284-292.
- A Hero of the War - Major E.C. Dawes. pg 293-298.
- The Army Mule - Col. D.W. McClung. pg 299-303.
- Chaplains in the Army and Navy of the United States - Rev. B.W. Chidlaw, D.D. pg 304-308.
- The Challenge of the Dead - John L. Murray. pg 308.
- The March to the Sea - W.C. Johnson. pg 309-336.
- History of the First Cavalry Division - Col. John Kennett. pg 337-350.
- A Story of a March - Col. R.P. Findley. pg 351-366 .
- The Sherman Memorial Meeting - pg 367-391.
Prayer - Rev. W.H. Roberts, D.D. L.L. D. pg 369-371.
Sherman Memorial Address - Capt. J.B. Foraker. pg 372-390.
Letters of National Commander - General Veazey. 391.
G.A.R. War Papers. Papers read before Fred C. Jones Post, No. 401, Department of Ohio, G.A.R. Editorial Committee: E.R. Monfort, H.B. Furness, Fred H. Alms. Vol. I. Cincinnati, Ohio: Published by Fred C. Jones Post, No. 401. The only volume published.
More about the Civil War in Ohio.
Copyright © 1995 Larry Stevens