131st Ohio Infantry

compiled by Larry Stevens

References for this Unit

History

Mustered in at Camp Chase, May 15th, 1864 as a Ohio National Guard unit, 871 men, Colonel John G. Lowe, reported at Baltimore, assigned to Second Separate Brigade, Eighth Army Corps; on garrison duty in Forts McHenry, Marshall and Federal Hill; mustered out at Camp Chase, August 25th, 865 men, Colonel Lowe commanding.

From: The Military History of Ohio. by H.H. Hardesty

From Dyer's Compendium

131st Regiment Infantry. Organized at Camp Chase, Ohio, and mustered in May 14. 1864. Left State for Baltimore, Md., May 15. Attached to 2nd Separate Brigade, 8th Army Corps, Middle Department. Assigned to garrison duty at Forts McHenry, Marshall and Federal Hill till August 19. Detachments at Washington, Harper's Ferry, W. Va., Fortress Monroe and City Point, Va. Ordered home for muster out August 19. Mustered out August 25, 1864. Regiment lost during service 2 by disease.

More about the Civil War in Ohio.

Copyright © 1995 Larry Stevens

Last updated August 28 1999